This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cygpath (reprised)
- From: "Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent)" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>
- To: cyg Simple <cygsimple at gmail dot com>, "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:03:50 +0000
- Subject: RE: cygpath (reprised)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
From: cyg Simple
> On 2/21/2017 1:22 PM, Nellis, Kenneth (Conduent) wrote:
> > I suppose one could argue that, by using -w, that cygpath might assume that it
> > is converting *from* a POSIX path, and therefore the colon would not indicate
> > a drive letter--wouldn't that make sense?--but I’ll let someone else take up
> > that battle. ☺
> I would almost agree except for the help description of the -w option.
Hmm. Not sure that I see that. From the man page:
The cygpath program is a utility that converts Windows native filenames to Cygwin
POSIX-style pathnames and vice versa.
I read this as converting one format to the other.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple