Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: dash-0.5.9.1-1

> On Mar 1, 2017, at 6:22 PM, Steven Penny <svnpenn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 1 Mar 2017 09:42:27, cyg Simple wrote:
>> Oh but it is.  We're discussing the bike shed named /bin/sh.
>> One of the color names is bash the other is dash; it's still the same
>> bike shed.
>
> I see, when you realize your argument does not hold water, you resort to name
> calling. Here are concrete arguments:
>
> 1. Debian uses Dash as /bin/sh
> 2. Ubuntu uses Dash as /bin/sh
> 3. The POSIX standard defines sh, and by definition Dash is closer to this than
>  Bash
> 4. Dash is 3-5 times faster than Bash
> 5. While it might be upsetting to some users, _they_ have made an error in
>  assuming Bash is /bin/sh, it would not be our error in switching to a shell
>  that is closer to POSIX sh
>
> Now, perhaps you can add a constructive post, or do you want to start with some
> "yo momma" jokes?

He didn't call anyone names. He said that was a bike shed argument. Which is getting more accurate the longer this "discussion" goes on.

You've argued your point. If you like dash, then use it. There are valid reasons (which several others have made) not to force others to use it.

The decision isn't yours. Or mine. And the ones whose decision it is will switch or they won't.

Let's move on.