This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
please allow specifying version when using command line installer
- From: "Theisen, Lucas" <ltheisen at mitre dot org>
- To: "cygwin at cygwin dot com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 17:26:18 +0000
- Subject: please allow specifying version when using command line installer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: cygwin.com; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;cygwin.com; dmarc=none action=none header.from=mitre.org;
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
Right now, libxml2 version 2.9.4 has a bug (https://bugzilla.gnome.org/show_bug.cgi?id=766834) that causes perl XML::LibXML to fail to install (https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=114638). Because of this, I need to ensure my team keeps the previous version 2.9.3. In order to ensure consistent installs across my team I have an install wrapper (https://github.com/lucastheisen/cygwin-setup) which uses the command line installer to install the packages that are needed. However, the command line installer appears to ignore versions. I specified:
But still ended up with version 2.9.4 (the latest) installed. Am I doing something wrong or is this not supported? If not supported, could it be added?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple