Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.7.0-0.1

On 3/20/2017 6:49 PM, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:06:26, cyg Simple wrote:
>> This really isn't a Cygwin issue as I see it.  What occurs if you run
>> your mingw32.exe in a CMD command window?  This may be a mintty issue
>> but certainly not because of Cygwin itself.  But even the mintty case is
>> dependent on the results you see in CMD.
>
> Wrong. Somewhere between the Cygwin, Bash and Readline this got messed up:
>
> On Thu, 02 Feb 2017 17:50:55, Steven Penny wrote:
>> Correction again, this nightmare keeps getting worse. Using this test:
>>     %ö
>> Pasting fails for every recent combination. The only fix I found was
>> falling
>> back to bash-4.3.48 and libreadline7-6.3.8. Please fix this, starting
>> to make my
>> head hurt.
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2017-02/msg00031.html

Which goes to further state that this isn't Cygwin but a library package
used by bash.  Cygwin is the POSIX glue to the packages; I know that
everyone wants to think of the entire set as Cygwin but that isn't
really true.  Cygwin is managing to present these characters without
issue with other packages.

--
cyg Simple