This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mksetupini could not find pkg_resources
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Ivan Gagis <igagis at gmail dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2017 19:56:52 +0100
- Subject: Re: mksetupini could not find pkg_resources
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAL_02JDvNBxrgieAM2HwoBM3vzw1tvaYoW_a3GtW2N_3Aeemail@example.com>
On 27/03/2017 16:53, Ivan Gagis wrote:
I'm having the following problem with mksetupini script.
On the fresh cygwin installation (both 32 and 64 bits) the script
fails with the following error message:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/mksetupini", line 5, in <module>
from pkg_resources import load_entry_point
ImportError: No module named 'pkg_resources'
This error kinds of suggests that you either don't have
python3-setuptools installed, or don't have a version which matches your
Googling suggested that it cannpt find python-setuptools framework.
I found out that package 'calm' is installed to /usr/lib/python3.4
while python3-setuptools is installed to /usr/lib/python3.6. Can this
be the root cause of the problem? Any thoughts about how to
The calm package needed rebuilding for the recent python 3.4 -> 3.6 update.
I've uploaded calm-20170327-1, please try that then when it reaches the
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple