This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Overlay repo on github
- From: David Stacey <drstacey at tiscali dot co dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: igagis at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 18:57:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: Overlay repo on github
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On 28/03/17 18:21, Ivan Gagis wrote:
I'm trying to setup a cygwin overlay repo right on github, here:
But when I pass the repo URL to setup utility as follows:
it does not work. Setup utility tries to download setup.xz and just
stalls with 0% progress bar, and the only option is to Cancel the setup.
So, the question is what is wrong? Could there be some redirections
happening on github which the setup program does not support?
It looks like when using this 'raw content' URLs to github it works as
usual file tree, shouldn't it work?
This is because Cygwin's setup supports http but not https.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple