Re: Cygwin install is broken v-a-vis dependencies

cyg Simple writes:

> On 4/3/2017 8:01 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
>>
>> As Dan explained the default behavior of cygwin setup is to update
>> already installed packages and their dependencies.
>
> Maybe so but even I find that this is cumbersome.  I would prefer a
> choice upfront just after the download and parsing of setup.ini if I
> want to update previously installed items.  I haven't mentioned it
> because I don't have time to help develop that.

Also, my recent experience was that if I toggled the updated package
that was causing the trouble to 'Keep', even though _it_ didn't show up
in the download list, the (large) dependencies offering _did_ still turn
up.

If you haven't updated recently, and you have mediainfo-gui 0.7.91-1 or
earlier installed, you can reproduce.  You should be offered
mediainfo-gui 0.7.93-1.  Even if you switch it (and libmediainfo
and mediainfo to be sure) to Keep and proceed, you will be hit with a
large list of dependencies.

ht
                Fax: (44) 131 650-4587, e-mail: ht@inf.ed.ac.uk