This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Tony An <Tony dot An at sas dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 02:04:56 +0300
- Subject: Re: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD pointer
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp1p.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <8c7a2fd1f38646909192550928e8372d@MERCMBX40D.na.SAS.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Tony An!
> I was running Cygwin on a windows10, and I got this message inside a shell window of emacs:
>>grep Believin *.html
> 1 [main] grep 2308 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
> pointer. Please report this problem to the public mailing list email@example.com
The issue was fixed years ago (over ten years, in fact), update your Cygwin installation.
With best regards,
Wednesday, April 5, 2017 02:03:41
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple