This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Can I change default mount options
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: Pan Ruochen <panruochen at gmail dot com>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2017 22:54:14 +0300
- Subject: Re: Can I change default mount options
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp3h.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- References: <CALX7UOjNb2hScNtc4N-+OxjCtdj073VPu63C8YkmV6sg7MBEUw@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CALX7UOj0T=Yq4WmG0_QnHzN6g1+fMh41f22gkYxQjbYZcouJDQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, Pan Ruochen!
> Hi Andrey Repin,
>> No, why? Your mount options choice is very sane, IMO.
> I just dislike cygwin treats every file as executable.
This is a core Windows behavior, nothing Cygwin can do about it, not it
should. In Windows, any file is, potentially, executable, in one way or
> Comparing mount options of msys2 against cygwin, msys2 has an extra noacl
> option. So I guess noacl may turn off this cygwin `feature`.
No need to guess, when there's a clear documented explanation of every option.
> And I also wish
> this turning-off apply to the usb disk but I am unable to forecast what is
> the disk letter for that usb-disk. That is basically why I wonder the
> "default" mount options.
With best regards,
Thursday, April 6, 2017 22:51:51
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple