Re: how to make sshd start a shell other than bash when I log in?

> It turns out that setting SHELL in ~/.ssh/environment doesn't
> work, nor does setting it in the key command. But setting
>
> command="/usr/bin/fish --login" ssh-rsa ...
>
> in authorized_keys does work.

Problem with that of course is that it only allows you to run login shells, even
if you're trying to run non-interactive remote commands. I guess you could use a
different ssh key for those, but that's a bit of a pain.

The compromise I finally settled on was just to put

exec /usr/bin/fish --login

in ~/.bash_profile.