This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
/bin/ gets deleted on error
- From: Felipe Vieira <fmv1992 at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 10:13:28 -0300
- Subject: /bin/ gets deleted on error
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
Dear cygwin mailing list,
For the second time this week my /bin/ folder gets obliterated on an
error during normal usage. It is equivalent of doing the infamous "rm
-rf /bin" .
1) I would like to know if there is a log for cygwin somewhere so I
can be more useful in specifying what happened.
2) My 'specs' are: windows 7 64 bits with cygwin64 . I wonder if
cygwin64 is considered 'stable'.
>From what I recall the terminal was spamming messages containing the
words "fork" , "-1" and some others which I don't recall. And what I
did was trying to run a normal zsh script.
I am not able to tell exactly what I did on both occasions to trigger
Nevertheless thanks for the great software. If it were not for you
guys I don't know how I could cope with Windows.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple