This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 11:34:16 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: libreadline7-7.0.3-3
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Fri, 24 Mar 2017 17:28:11, Steven Penny wrote:
On Mon, 13 Feb 2017 13:49:40, "Eric Blake (cygwin)" wrote:
> A new release of readline, 7.0.3-3, has been uploaded and will soon
> reach a mirror near you. The previous version is now 7.0.1-2 (which was
> experimental, but never current; but the only difference from 7.0.1-1
> was handling of pselect which is now fixed in cygwin 2.7.0-1).
Since we have determined that this:
is a Readline problem (and Bash problem by nature of dependency), I am
reposting under the correct thread. The error linked above occurs when UTF-8
(chcp.com 65001) is set. This can be worked around by using "chcp.com 437",
but UTF-8 is needed with mingw32 programs:
Reposting this since it is a new month, and Eric has yet to respond.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple