This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: strace crash (TLS data not initializing?)
- From: Daniel Santos <daniel dot santos at pobox dot com>
- To: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, president at whithouse dot gov
- Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 01:22:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: strace crash (TLS data not initializing?)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAPF-yOahuwJT6vdsPdOhV+4nnb5sgNbaeWsSUuxF5Nvbkha28g@mail.gmail.com>
On 04/14/2017 10:49 PM, Dan Kegel wrote:
On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 8:41 PM, Daniel Santos <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
oops, I meant -g3 :)
That was suboptimal of you
/me misses, damn!
strace ls doesn't die for me with plain old cygwin installed a while ago.
Is this only with fresh cygwin?
Well, I installed this only about 2 months ago to do gcc testing -- what
a fun ride that was! While waiting for the last three P1 gcc bugs to
get solved (so they can release gcc7 and open up gcc8 stage1) I decided
to troubleshoot expect ... except that I didn't expect to have to fix
this strace thing.... DAMN, I really need to work on being brief and
So yes, fairly a new install. Also, it's in a qemu/kvm vm, not that
that should matter (with virtio sata driver). So maybe I should try to
debug where ever that TLS data is supposed to get initialized. Also,
this is one of those things that didn't happen much when I was actually
debugging strace, but at least it is now. This is on 64-bit Cygwin. I
just tried on 32-bit a few times and it's working.
On the bright side, better understanding Cygwin's internals will help me
be a better Wine programmer.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple