This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bug in cygcheck -- claims missing files, but files are not missing.
- From: Andrey Repin <anrdaemon at yandex dot ru>
- To: L A Walsh <cygwin at tlinx dot org>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2017 15:15:51 +0300
- Subject: Re: bug in cygcheck -- claims missing files, but files are not missing.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- Authentication-results: smtp2o.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass email@example.com
- References: <58F1EED2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Greetings, L A Walsh!
> I am trying to update my cygwin installation --
> I seem to be missing some files, but am not sure, as cygcheck
> seems to be broken.
> I generated a dump using cygcheck -vs, and it claims
> may files are missing:
> Missing directory: /usr/share/doc/ from package afio
> Missing directory: /usr/share/doc/afio-2.5/ from package afio
> Missing file: /usr/share/doc/afio-2.5/ANNOUNCE-2.5 from package afio
> Missing file: /usr/share/doc/afio-2.5/HISTORY from package afio
> Missing file: /usr/share/doc/afio-2.5/README from package afio
> Missing file: /usr/share/doc/afio-2.5/SCRIPTS from package afio
> But when I look for them, they are not:
> /usr> ll /usr/share/doc/afio-2.5
> total 48
> -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 1634 Feb 19 2008 ANNOUNCE-2.5*
> -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 33879 Feb 19 2008 HISTORY*
> -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 3116 Feb 19 2008 README*
> -rwxrwxr-x+ 1 2179 Feb 19 2008 SCRIPTS*
> drwxrwxr-x+ 1 0 Dec 13 2009 examples/
> Any idea how to figure out what cygcheck is doing?
How did you invoke cygcheck?
I've seen similar behavior when invoking it as /usr/bin/cygcheck outside the
With best regards,
Saturday, April 15, 2017 15:14:15
Sorry for my terrible english...
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple