Re: What is the proper mailing list for server issues?

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 9:46 AM, cyg Simple <cygsimple@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/21/2017 2:35 AM, Greywolf wrote:
>> I am having a server issue that neither I nor my ISP seem to be able to
>> resolve with regards to connecting to Cygwin.com -- namely, only from my
>> house, I get a 403 Forbidden.

if you try https rather than http, you should get a flag about a wrong
certificate if it is connecting to the wrong host (this sounds highly
likely).  perhaps the certificate information you get will show who
you are actually connecting to...?

> This is _your_ problem.  Something has caused you to not be able to
> reach cygwin.com properly.  What IP address does cygwin.com resolve to?
> Does using the IP address directly work for you?
>
> $ ping cygwin.com
>
> Pinging cygwin.com [209.132.180.131] with 32 bytes of data:

I had similar problems and on watching packets with Wireshark, found
that _someone_ was hijacking DNS requests... I switched to dnscrypt
and have not had that problem since.

-- Erik