This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows 10 Creators Update and Symlinks
- From: Till Riedel <riedel at teco dot edu>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2017 11:26:41 +0200
- Subject: Re: Windows 10 Creators Update and Symlinks
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
I was really excited to hear this!
I tried to export CYGWIN="winsymlinks:nativestrict" and create symlink
without elevation and failed on cygwin 2.8.0 (checked that "cmd /C
mklink" works as expected in Windows 10 Creators Update Developer Mode).
Any ideas if there are any extra checks that lead to "Operation not
Windows seemingly even allows symlinks to nonexistent files (I somehow
think there was a problem with that in the past). For me personally this
would a strong reason to switch to real symlinks.
Am 13.04.2017 um 0:29 schrieb Jeffrey Altman:
When Developer mode is enabled the elevation requirement for symlink
creation is disabled:
This was necessary for symlink creation within WSL to work.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple