This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup release candidate - please test
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 8 May 2017 12:06:31 +0100
- Subject: setup release candidate - please test
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
A setup release candidate is available at:
Since this changes the way we download files, I think this can use some
wider testing before release.
Please test and give feedback to email@example.com. If no regressions
are discovered in the next few days, it will be promoted to release.
Changes compared to 2.877:
- "Direct Connection" now uses the WinINet API to fetch URLs.
This enables HTTPS and FTPS protocol support, and caching of mirrors.lst
The existing, hand-built URL fetching, which only supports HTTP and FTP,
is still available by choosing "Direct (legacy)".
- Fixes to "Use Internet Explorer Proxy Settings" mode
Progress is now reported for downloads.
Unwanted caching in "Temporary Internet Files" of package archives has
A bug causing a long delay before downloading setup.ini from package
repositories without a compressed setup.ini has been fixed.
- Add --allow-unsupported-windows option
Don't check the windows version.
The Cygwin mirror list is not read, so a URL (e.g. a Cygwin time machine
circa) should be given with --site or via the GUI.
- Remove support for some long-obsolete setup.ini syntax (omitted
version:, omitted size and checksum, various undocumented tokens)
- Remove cruft
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple