This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Ctrl-Break killing subprocess even though handled in parent process
- From: "Brien Oberstein" <brienpub at gmail dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 13 May 2017 05:42:41 -0400
- Subject: Ctrl-Break killing subprocess even though handled in parent process
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
I have a dotnet windows console application that runs a bash script as a
subprocess using CreateProcess() under the covers.
My windows app traps Ctrl-Break via SetConsoleCtrlHandler() and handles it
(returning true from the handler).
I execute the script via the command "bash.exe --login script.sh".
Somehow the Ctrl-Break is reaching the subprocess and causing it to be
killed, which is undesireable.
Is there a way to either prevent the Ctrl-Break from reaching the cygwin
subprocess or telling cygwin/bash to ignore it?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple