Re: State of HTML Tidy package?

On 2017-05-13 17:11, Andrey Repin wrote:
> Greetings, Marco Atzeri!
>>> What is the current state of Tidy in cygwin?
>> 20090325-1
>> (Same of Debian jessie, more or less)
> More like less.
> PHP 7.1 uses 5.4 on Windows.
> There's 5.2+ versions readily available for Debian distros
> (particularly from Ondřej Surý).
> I know it wasn't in development for a long time, but things change
> and Tidy is again actively developed for quite some time now.
> All I want to know is if there's a current maintainer for Cygwin
> package or should I go ask developers if they would be interested in
> adopting an orphan?
>>> I'm stumbling upon different results in different libs and I'd
>>> like to match underlying libraries to some common point.
>>> Latest Tidy release is
>>> https://github.com/htacg/tidy-html5/tree/release/5.4 as far as I
>>> can tell.

See https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint for current maintainers:

$ curl -LSs https://cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint | grep ^tidy
tidy                                         Yaakov Selkowitz

You could download the source package, update tidy.cygport VERSION
and SRC_URI, install cygport, run cygport on it, and see if it builds.