This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: git alias for "status" not working
- From: David Dombrowsky <6thstreetradio at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 15 May 2017 08:55:29 -0400
- Subject: Re: git alias for "status" not working
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAHdnY6Ohn0-5_KvPCqhqh5+QwjEgRzVm-ykpO0mGVbHYgyQC5Q@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHdnY6Nv9w-nsBXuOAWLno3dxODY4oDoLFWAf+b8kywgm_ErPg@mail.gmail.com> <CAHdnY6MVhf3sf4vEVu2pJzGQbU6Hyajetm3E9eg-wmy33q3Yemail@example.com>
- Reply-to: davek at 6thstreetradio dot org
FYI: after the latest cygwin update to git v 2.12.3, this is no longer
Setting an alias like "st = status -uno" works as expected. Many
thanks to the maintainer.
On Mon, May 15, 2017 at 8:54 AM, David Dombrowsky
> FYI: after the latest cygwin update to git v 2.12.3, this is no longer
> a problem.
> Setting an alias like "st = status -uno" works as expected. Many
> thanks to the maintainer.
> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 3:59 PM, David Dombrowsky
> <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 9:24 AM, cyg Simple <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> st is also a prefix of "stash". Maybe it does not like aliases
>>>> that are prefixes of other commands?
>> Without the entry in the config file, `git st` results in the expected
>> git: 'st' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
>> It's possible there's a string parse error, but using an alias of
>> "stx" doesn't work either. Nor does 'xyzzy'.
>>> Also check the line endings of the config file. Make sure they are UNIX
>>> line endings instead of Windows.
>> Yes, they are unix line endings. I normally use a symlink for
>> ~/.gitconfig, and I also tried with with and without the symlink.
>> Same result.
>> David Dombrowsky, Senior Software Engineer
>> email: firstname.lastname@example.org
> David Dombrowsky, Senior Software Engineer
> email: email@example.com
> Cell: 518-374-3204
David Dombrowsky, Senior Software Engineer
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple