Re: when I try to open file with another user on CYGWIN , I get access denied message

On 2017-05-17 07:53, Alex wrote:
> On 16/05/2017 20:08, Brian Inglis wrote:
>> On 2017-05-16 02:12, Alex wrote:
>>> I have windows 2008 server and external partner requested me to install
>>> CGYWIN on it so they can send a file to via SSH. I created a domain user
>>> called test1 and they sent me the public key and installed home folder.
>>> They can send the file without any problem. I can able to read and
>>> delete if I login to windows server with test1 username.
>>> My problem is I can not open that files with another username. I have a
>>> username call test2 and I need to login to windows server with this
>>> username and run the script to import the files from test1 folder. I got
>>> access denied message when I try to open it.
>>> file permission show ;
>>> -rwx------
>>> I changed the umask in profile to 002 , but did not fix the problem.
>>> Any idea?
>>> By the way I have a little knowledge of linux
>>
>> You would have to change umask in sshd's user's profile to perhaps have
>> any effect.
>
> I did in the /etc/profile but not sure what you mean in sshd's user's
> profile!

Anything in sshd's startup that could change umask e.g. /etc/sshd.conf.
None of init, systemd, nor cygrunsrv require shells, so /etc/profile is
out.

>> You may want to check the receiving directory DACLs with getfacl .../
>> and if necessary change them with setfacl -m d:g::r--,d:o::r-- if only
>> data is being transferred to that directory.
>
> #getfacl samplefolder
> #owner :gm-user1
> #group :Domain User
> user ::rwx
> group :: r-x
> other:r-x
>
> Yes they only transfer to file in this folder,  if I run setfacl for
> this directory, will it apply to files inside and the file will be added
> later ?

Default ACLs are applied to directories or files created in that directory,
modified by creation options, or later commands.

>> Removing directory DACLs e.g. with setfacl -bk .../ can stop Windows
>> programs being able to read or write directories or contents.
>>
>> Get them to set the permissions chmod +r on the source if possible,
> they said already give the file with full permission for everyone
>
>> and send with scp -p.
> ?

What file transfer client are they using?
You said ssh, so I assumed scp, -p retains permissions and timestamps.