Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: units 2.14-1

On 2017-04-27 13:20, Brian Inglis wrote:
> * units-2.14-1
>
> The Units program converts quantities expressed in various scales to
> their equivalents in other scales. The units program can handle
> multiplicative scale changes as well as nonlinear conversions such as
> Fahrenheit to Celsius or wire gauge. Units comes with an annotated,
> extendable database defining over two thousand units.
>
> This is an update to the latest upstream release, which now supports
> longer input expressions (e.g. a sum of more than 100 units), control
> characters treated as white space to avoid producing errors about
> invalid UTF-8, and includes 2980 units, 109 prefixes, and 96 nonlinear
> units.

Currency exchange rates are updated on every run of setup by a permanent
postinstall script
	/etc/postinstall/zp_units_cur.sh
running
	/usr/bin/units_cur
to access
	https://rss.timegenie.com
which uses HSTS to enforce https access, and whose security certificate
has expired, so runs will fail with message:
Error connecting to currency server. <urlopen error [SSL:
CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:749)>

If this causes you problems, please temporarily rename the current
update script /usr/bin/units_cur and replace by the attached, or replace
the line between the first try: and except ...: by the following lines:
[the first line is a comment, the remainder are indented two spaces]

#
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36600583/python-3-urllib-ignore-ssl-certificate-verification
  import ssl
  ctx = ssl.create_default_context()
  ctx.check_hostname = False
  ctx.verify_mode = ssl.CERT_NONE
  currencies =
ET.parse(urllib.request.urlopen('https://rss.timegenie.com/forex.xml',context=ctx)).findall('data')

to ignore the security certificate expiry until it is renewed (hopefully
by sometime Tuesday after the holiday): when the security certificate
has been renewed, I will follow up here to let everyone know.