This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Mintty does not close after "exit" command
- From: Dani Moncayo <dmoncayo at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 May 2017 10:42:02 +0200
- Subject: Mintty does not close after "exit" command
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
subject line says it all.
I've been experiencing this problem for some months, on windows 10.
But the problem does not appear in another windows 8.1 system I use.
To reproduce the problem, just open the standard cygwin terminal (e.g.
by double-clicking the desktop icon), an then type the "exit" command
in the bash shell.
I see a "logout" message for a fraction of a second, then the terminal
becomes empty (without text), but the mintty window remains visible
but unresponsive, with the title bar showing "~ (Not Responding)".
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple