Re: Updated: setup (2.880)

Greetings, Nellis, Kenneth!

> wget -O $name --quiet http://cygwin.com/$name || exit

Do not use wget -O name unless you have no other choice.
The construction is essentially equal to

wget -O - --quiet http://cygwin.com/$name > "$name"

Means, it will never allow -N to work. (When -O given, -N is silently
discarded.)

> ...but Windows complained about the file format when I tried to launch
> it. Then "file" told me...

> $ file *.exe
> setup-x86_64.exe: gzip compressed data, from Unix
> $

> ...so I added suffix .gz and then used (actually) WinZip to unzip
> it, and it created a working setup.exe.

> So, is this new behavior? Is it to be expected going forward?

Not confirming, my installation went smooth, I barely noticed the setup
update. (Yes, I'm running it via script too.)

--
With best regards,
Andrey Repin

Sorry for my terrible english...