This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Updated: setup (2.880)
- From: Jon Turney <jon dot turney at dronecode dot org dot uk>
- To: The Cygwin Mailing List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "Nellis, Kenneth" <Kenneth dot Nellis at conduent dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2017 17:38:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: Updated: setup (2.880)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com> <BN6PR2001MB1074EC3E693F81EDBB46E47FF1C40@BN6PR2001MB1074.namprd20.prod.outlook.com>
On 19/06/2017 16:29, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
# From http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2012-04/msg00714.html
wget -O $name --quiet http://cygwin.com/$name || exit
# ACL issues require some fixing up after wget
chmod +x $name
...but Windows complained about the file format when I tried to launch
it. Then "file" told me...
$ file *.exe
setup-x86_64.exe: gzip compressed data, from Unix
...so I added suffix .gz and then used (actually) WinZip to unzip
it, and it created a working setup.exe.
So, is this new behavior? Is it to be expected going forward?
This behaviour is not expected or wanted. I can't reproduce it, either.
$ wget https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
--2017-06-19 17:31:56-- https://cygwin.com/setup-x86_64.exe
Resolving cygwin.com... 18.104.22.168
Connecting to cygwin.com|22.214.171.124|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 906771 (886K) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: ‘setup-x86_64.exe’
setup-x86_64.exe 100%[===================>] 885.52K 550KB/s in 1.6s
2017-06-19 17:31:58 (550 KB/s) - ‘setup-x86_64.exe’ saved [906771/906771]
$ file setup-x86_64.exe
setup-x86_64.exe: PE32+ executable (GUI) x86-64, for MS Windows
$ xxd setup-x86_64.exe | head -1
00000000: 4d5a 9000 0300 0000 0400 0000 ffff 0000 MZ..............
Do you have something in your ~/.wgetrc to add an "accept-encoding:
gzip" header or something?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple