This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2017 22:55:24 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compile/run problems on cygwin not solved by going to cygwin64
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANZ2p_eEUOYm4SWubqOvKewBMQnQcGBdyOVORA2w0c9Y8a6+=A@mail.gmail.com>
On 28/06/2017 22:00, Wouter van Doorn wrote:
== The Question ==>
When I compile a C program, the resulting executable runs fine under
the Windows command prompt, but does nothing in the Mintty terminal -
any program I compile will terminate immediately and not do anything
at all. How do I get this to behave as expected?
can you try from mintty
$ gcc -Wall -o ciao hello.c
$ echo $?
I can't give the strace output, as 'strace ./hello.exe' causes an
immediate segmentation fault. No idea why, but not something I'm going
to put energy into right now.
Symantec AV ?
I had the same issue and it is gone with cygwin-2.8.1-0.1 (test release)
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple