This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [GCC] C++ program calling std::getline() crashes with certain compilation flags
- From: Dan Kegel <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 07:21:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [GCC] C++ program calling std::getline() crashes with certain compilation flags
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <80757ab8baa6434a8c56104c0ebfe803@Antiope.crf.canon.fr>
On Thu, Jul 6, 2017 at 6:07 AM, TANNHAUSER Falk
> The following C++ program crashes when compiled with GCC (both 5.4 and 6.3) under Cygwin, when compiled with both an optimization level higher than -O0 (i.e. -O1, -O2 or -O3) and the C++ standard set to -std=c++nn (for any supported nn, i.e. 98, 03, 11, 14 or 17):
Bonus points if you can reduce this testcase further, see
for how to take the preprocessed output and automatically
reduce it to a much smaller file.
And by 'bonus points', I mean 'that's the first thing a
toolchain maintainer would probably do, so handing it
to them on a silver platter would help get their attention'.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple