This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XTerm always gives out an error message concerning a font
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2017 10:45:08 -0600
- Subject: Re: XTerm always gives out an error message concerning a font
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CANZ2p_fQA6JqAi2p4711-LZ2=2njj15GUZUbPZ=8g+dU7hAJbA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-07-06 05:39, Wouter van Doorn wrote:
> I have to admit to being almost totally ignorant on fonts under X11.
> So not only do I not know how to fix what's happeing (and I found
> nothing relevant by searching via google), but I think I also lack the
> knowledge to make a mess of it. In fact: I never touched anything to
> do with fonts after installing. So I would not expect anything to be
> wrong, really.
> Here's the error, and it crops up every single time an term is started:
> /usr/bin/xterm: cannot load font
Upgrade xterm - see:
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple