Re: Challenge: a VERY strange problem with command substitution in bash

I bet Comodo is the golden tip. They have introduced whitelisting
without telling anyone, and I have had very strange behaviour (strange
until that whitelist explained it) too. Including that subshell thing.
They call it 'auto-containment'. Just disable that, and done.
Wouter