Re: GNU Tar v1.29 ACL File/Folder Permissions Question/Problem

On 7/21/2017 4:59 PM, Timothy Beryl Grahek wrote:
Hi all,

Whenever I have ACL enabled in /etc/fstab, I run into file access
problems with GNU Tar. To be clear, a simple scenario is to tar a few
folders, then extract them. In numerous cases, I am unable to enter
the folders I have extracted without entering a "chmod 744" as an
administrator.

I have consequently disabled ACL in /etc/fstab, which has fixed this problem.

Anybody have any ideas as to why this happens and how to avoid it
without disabling ACL?

Could the problem be caused by the default ACL on the directory you're extracting into? If so, the -b or -k option to 'setfacl' might help. See

  https://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/setfacl.html

Ken