Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

On 2017-07-24 20:58, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 7/24/2017 6:08 PM, Ian Lambert via cygwin wrote:
>> This time I ran "rebase-trigger full", did full shutdown/restart, then ran setup.
>
> And are you sure there were no Cygwin processes running?  This could happen even
> after shutdown/restart if you have any Cygwin services that start automatically.
>
>> and some rebase-related touch error messages in setup.log.full:
>>
>>   2017/07/24 17:24:08 running: E:\cygwin64-3\bin\dash.exe
>> "/etc/postinstall/0p_000_autorebase.dash"
>> Note: _autorebase will do a full rebase the next time setup is run.
>> removing /var/cache/rebase/rebase_pkg
>> creating empty /var/cache/rebase/rebase_pkg
>> touch: setting times of '/var/cache/rebase/rebase_pkg': Invalid argument
>> Updating package information in /var/cache/rebase/rebase_pkg.
>> removing /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst
>> creating empty /var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst
>> touch: setting times of '/var/cache/rebase/rebase_lst': Invalid argument
>> Updating rebase information for installed executables in
>> /var/cache/rebase/rebase_exe.
>> removing /var/cache/rebase/rebase_dyn
>> creating empty /var/cache/rebase/rebase_dyn
>> touch: setting times of '/var/cache/rebase/rebase_dyn': Invalid argument
>> Looking for dynamic language modules/libraries in:
>>    /usr/lib/R/site-library
>>    /usr/lib/php/20151012
>>    /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages
>>    /usr/lib/python3.6/site-packages
>> Updating rebase information for dynamic language modules/libraries
>> /var/cache/rebase/rebase_dyn.
>> removing /var/cache/rebase/rebase_user
>> creating empty /var/cache/rebase/rebase_user
>> touch: setting times of '/var/cache/rebase/rebase_user': Invalid argument
>> Updating rebase information for user-defined dynamic objects
>> /var/cache/rebase/rebase_user.
>> removing /var/cache/rebase/rebase_user_exe
>> creating empty /var/cache/rebase/rebase_user_exe
>> touch: setting times of '/var/cache/rebase/rebase_user_exe': Invalid argument
rebaselst uses touch -t 7001010000 ... - could be patched to 197001010000.
Is this affected by locale and by Windows regional date settings in Control
Panel/Region/Formats tab/Additional settings... button/Date tab/Calendar
group/When a two-digit year is entered, interpret it as a year between
|(nnnn-99)| and [nnnn ^v] with the default values |1980| and [2079 ^v] i.e. from
the start of the DOS epoch which postdates the Unix epoch 19700101, and could
cause 70 to be interpreted as 2070.

I have nnnn set to 1999 so (nnnn-99) is |1900|, and dates from 2000 must be
entered as 4 digit dates, as I figure recent programs should know better, and
there is too much scope for confusion and misinterpretation of all date
components in the the first twelve years of this century, as well as the first
twelve days of every month of every year, unless the date format is known a priori.