Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched

On Tue, 7/25/17, Ken Brown <> wrote:

 Subject: Re: how to access and display apps that I've launched
 To: "Ian Lambert" <>, cygwin@cygwin.com
 Date: Tuesday, July 25, 2017, 9:03 AM

 On 7/25/2017 12:26 AM, Ian
 Lambert wrote:
 > On July 24, 2017
 10:58:29 PM EDT, Ken Brown <> wrote:
 >> On 7/24/2017 6:08 PM, Ian Lambert via
 cygwin wrote:
 >>> This time I ran
 "rebase-trigger full", did full
 shutdown/restart,
 >> then ran
 setup.

 >>>     0 [main] nautilus 3240
 child_info_fork::abort:

 E:\cygwin64-3\bin\cygpangocairo-1.0-0.dll: Loaded to
 different address:
 >> parent(0x3F0000)
 != child(0x2F0000)

 >> This kind of fork error can be very
 stubborn.  The best long-term

 solution is to switch to 64-bit Cygwin if you can.  If you
 absolutely
 >> have to stick to 32-bit,
 try to limit the number of DLLs that are
 >> installed.
 >

 > I'm using 64 bit
 cygwin already. This is a difference from the OP (It was in
 my earlier post).

 Sorry, I
 missed that.  Have you looked at the output of 'rebase
 -is'?
 Conflicts are marked with
 '*'.  What about BLODA?

= = =

I had not. It may be worth mentioning I have not found rebase
in the fine manual, even under cygwin utilities. I only find
it mentioned in forum posts, and with 4 rebase* programs
under /usr/bin, it's playing too much monte carlo games with
the install to just try those.

Obviously something is not right; here is output from "rebase -is":

rebase: failed to open rebase database "/etc/rebase.db.x86_64":
No such file or directory

"locate rebase.db" gives:
/cygdrive/e/cygwin64-3/etc/rebase.db.x86_64
so it was apparently there when running locate database updates
yesterday at ~1130-1330 (Eastern US), before doing the
"rebase-trigger full", shutdown/restart, setup.

BLODA is certainly a possibility; Symantec Protection is on the job...
It was playing well together before, but things do change.