Re: Unicode width data inconsistent/outdated

On Jul 26 23:43, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 26.07.2017 um 11:50 schrieb Corinna Vinschen:
> > > Thomas, I just updated unicode-ucd to 10.0 for this purpose.
> Thanks.
> >
> > Oh, and, btw, the comment in wcwidth.c isn't quite correct.  The
> > cwstate in newlib is on Unicode 5.2, see newlib/libc/ctype/towupper.c.
> Oh, a number of other embedded tables. To make the tow* and isw* functions
> more easily adaptable to Unicode updates, there will be some revisions to do
> here. And the to* and is* ones (without 'w') even refer to locales in a way
> I do not understand. Maybe I'll restrict my effort to wcwidth first...

The to* and is* ones (without 'w') don't matter at all and you don't
have to touch them.

The Unicode stuff only affects the tow and isw functions.

As for how to fetch the data, you may want to have a look into
newlib/libc/ctype/utf8alpha.h and newlib/libc/ctype/utf8print.h.  The
header comments contain the awk scripts used to collect the data.

All other isw* files like iswblank.c contain comments explaining
what Unicode character categories are covered.

Corinna

Red Hat