This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2017 16:23:40 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
On Wed, 9 Aug 2017 01:15:08, "Jannick" wrote:
the current version 4.1.4 of gawk appears to unpleasantly treat CR for CRLF
files, i.e. CR is not gracefully swallowed, but is a separate character.
This makes some, if not all, of the scripts we are working with here
useless, unless the input files are converted to LF which certainly is not
feasible. IIRC the issue did not show up some versions back.
Is this a bug - or am I missing something here?
Learn to read:
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple