Re: format=flowed issues [Was: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files]

On 2017-08-11 07:25, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Aug 11 09:15, David Macek wrote:
>>>
>>> Nope. Wrong. David has been doing this for over 2 years:
>>>
>>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-01/msg00232.html
>>>
>>> So it is a user issue. The user must hard wrap because Cygwin site does not.
>>
>> """
>> Nope. Wrong. Cygwin site has been doing this for over 2 years:
>>
>> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-01/msg00232.html
>>
>> So it is a site issue. The site must wrap because David does not.
>> """
>>
>> In other words, why do you think your argument is correct?  Format=flowed is
>> not a new thing<https://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2646.txt> and it would be nice
>> if the archives site could display it correctly.  I can cooperate on this
>> with the maintainer(s) if they're interested.  Essentially, one line of CSS
>> should fix it, judging by my quick test.
>
> The archives on sourceware.org are centrally maintained by the
> sourceware overseers.  You could send your change suggestion to
> overseers AT sourceware DOT org, or you could try to discuss this
> on the Freenode #overseers channel.  Just be a bit patient ;)

Could you please add "white-space: pre-wrap;" in to the style string in the mail
body <pre style="..."> tags, to ensure that white space is preserved but long
lines are wrapped in the window. Please see referenced links to messages using
standard "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8; format=flowed", and preceding
messages in this thread.