This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Mailing list threads [was: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files]
- From: Steven Penny <svnpenn at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2017 15:54:44 -0700 (PDT)
- Subject: Re: Mailing list threads [was: gawk 4.1.4: CR separate char for CRLF files]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 08:30:02, cyg Simple wrote:
LOL, at least David's advice wasn't about the client itself. The fact
that flowed quoted printable is still a valid means of email record is
all and good and if your client cannot manage it then you're the one who
needs to change the client.
My "client", is an Awk script that I wrote:
which I only use for sending and replying to messages, and it works quite well.
For reading messages, I use the archives:
So no, his method is not valid, given that he is now knowingly ignoring the fact
that the archives require hard wrapping.
David is correct the OP needs to stop breaking threads and using list
That same etiquette would dictate that he implement hard wrapping with his
client, so that others dont have to deal with him (custom CSS via Stylish). As
long as he cannot or will not do this, he doesnt really have a place to
criticise, correct, or even comment on others’ clients.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple