Re: Presence of cygwin64 elements in an existing Cygwin 32 install after updating

On 8/29/2017 4:57 PM, Keith Christian wrote:
More program failures.  Have rebooted and allowed system to preform rebase:

$ man httping
       0 [main] man 7688 child_info_fork::abort:
C:\cygwin\bin\cygz.dll: Loaded to different address: parent(0x360000)
!= child(0x3E0000)
man: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

Why are all of these programs failing in this way?

Sometimes I have needed to rebase all programs.  To do this,
do the command: rebase-trigger full
If you're not able to run bash to run this, you can run dash
from Windows CMD and give an explicit path, e.g.,

/cygdrive/c/cygwin/bin/rebase-trigger full

would do the right thin on my installation.  But even that won't
help if you're running 32-bit and have installed too many packages.
There is only so much room in the address space for the various
possible DLLs that might be loaded.

Regards - Eliot Moss