This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 'bad image error' while trying to run cygwin terminal on my windows 10 laptop
- From: Marco Atzeri <marco dot atzeri at gmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2017 08:54:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: 'bad image error' while trying to run cygwin terminal on my windows 10 laptop
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CAK4LvstVCO4oBQiWD16Ei3_YBgu7z=dW=4SBjoPyQQeSSMK44g@mail.gmail.com>
On 17/09/2017 08:29, Hanit Hakim wrote:
i did not find an answer on your lists to this question.
i recently downloaded cygwin to my laptop. after it worked for a few hours,
it suddenly threw a bad image error. the message i'm getting when trying to
run the cygwin terminal, is: C:\cygwin64\bin\cygwin1.dll is either not
designed to run on Windows or it contains an error...
i already tried to reinstall it, but the error just came back.
are you familier with the problem and can help me solve it? i found it hard
to get information about this online.
it seems a Virus or Antivirus that is blocking the cygwin1.dll.
as first can you follow
and provide as attachment the cygcheck.out.
Which Antivirus are you using ? There is anything in the AV logs ?
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple