Re: Problem Compiling Source Code From Unix

Greetings, Graham Laight!

> I am trying to compile some SAT solvers, which all come as Unix source-code
> bundles. I have installed Cygwin at c:\cygwin, and added c:\cygwin\bin to my
> Windows path.

That was a wrong move.
Unless you exactly know what you are doing, and ready for the consequences,
adding Cygwin bins to windows PATH is a recipe for disaster.

> Lingeling came with the following instructions:

> configure && make

> Once I realised this translates to...

> sh configure.sh && make

No, it is exactly ./configure && make, no translation.

> ...it was fine, and I am happily running Lingeling - which is a good SAT
> solver!

> Unfortunately, many of the other SAT solvers are based on MiniSat - and
> these all have the same instructions, which I cannot follow:

> export MROOT=<minisat-dir>  (or setenv in cshell)
> cd { core | simp }
> gmake rs

> I don't know what export MROOT means (or setenv).

It means you have to set the environment to a value. This is not Cygwin
specific.

> Then I do cd core (to get to the C:\Temp\MapleCOMSPS\core folder), and issue

> make rs

> I receive the error:

> Makefile:4: /mtl/template.mk: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target '/mtl/template.mk'.  Stop.

> It cannot find included files in C:\Temp\MapleCOMSPS\mtl . I have also
> tried adding C:\Temp\MapleCOMSPS\mtl to the Windows path - but this didn't
> change anything.

> Apologies if this question has more to do with my lack of knowledge of
> compiling under Linux than it does with Cygwin - but it would mean a lot to
> me to be able to get the other SAT solvers working, so I would really
> appreciate guidance!

This has nothing to do with compiling at all, just the general Linux usage.

Try

    cd simp
    MROOT="$(dirname "$(pwd)")" make rs

> PS - further apologies if the list receives a duplicate of this message -
> but my Outlook mail is misbehaving.

Try a normal mail client.

--
With best regards,