Re: Does Cygwin setup modify dlls?

Joachim Eibl writes:
> But then a certain tool didn't work and we found that dll-files that
> were unpacked by the Cygwin-installer didn't match the files in the
> archive.  The problem seems to be dll-specific. Other filetypes are
> not modified.

Anything that is packaged will be rebased by the _autorebase postinstall
script (by default just DLL, but you can also arrange for some PE falgs
to be set on executables).  Currently the handful of exceptions needed
within Cygwin are hard-coded into the rebase_pkg function, so you'll
have to patch that.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: