Re: Dependency issues in setup.ini.

On 29/09/2017 23:39, Steven Penny wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Sep 2017 21:16:17, "Sam Edge (Cygwin)" wrote:
>> For example we have lots of dependency loops in the 'requires' fields in
>> setup.ini - even to the point that some packages depend upon themselves!
>
> It is the job of the package manager to detect and avoid such loops.
> No database
> is perfect - it is up to the good programmer to account for an deal
> with problem
> data

Thanks for the clarification. Okay. Once I've written some code to
unpick which packages are erroneously creating the loops I'll report back.

Next question - :-) - should I report here or in cygwin-apps?

At the risk of getting a SHTDI response, perhaps part of the release
process for setup.ini should include a topological sort on '@
package'/'requires: package ...' pairs to flag up such issues? :-D

--
Sam Edge