This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup stuck on cygwin.ldif
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2017 11:16:51 -0600
- Subject: Re: setup stuck on cygwin.ldif
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-10-08 07:46, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
> I have a weird problem happening... so I have tried to update a 64-bit
> Cygwin installation on Windows 10 Pro. I closed all Cygwin processes,
> and a ps -ef is showing only the ps process itself.
> In anycase, during the install I was prompted that the file
> /usr/share/cygwin/cygwin.ldif was busy.
> I ran Process Explorer and searched for what might have the file open.
> I couldn't find anything. I clicked retry a number of times, but it
> wouldn't yield. Finally, I clicked continue. And now I'm stuck in this
> endless loop on the file:
> It's a animated gif, so you may have to select play in your browser. Not
> much to see, except the constant attempt to install the cygwin.ldif
> Any ideas here? I guess I'll have to kill setup... but I fear that it
> will play havoc with my install :-(
Have you tried Windows cmd OPENFILES /Query ?
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple