Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 10/19/2017 9:19 AM, cyg Simple wrote:
On 10/18/2017 6:58 PM, JonY wrote:
I agree with Yaakov, why does it need to change?

See my response to Yaakov.  If you supply explicit host and build to
configure it does not work.

So don't do that. Specifying host is for cross-compilation. Specifying build without host is for overriding the result of config.guess (never necessary on Cygwin). See

https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/Specifying-Target-Triplets.html

In particular: "If you mean to override the result of config.guess, use --build, not --host, since the latter enables cross-compilation."

Ken