Re: Which is it -pc- or -unknown-

On 10/20/2017 1:41 PM, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 20/10/2017 17:44, cyg Simple wrote:
>> On 10/20/2017 11:24 AM,
>
>> Why is it different?  Give a reason not just
>> some lame excuse.
>
> This is extremely rude, in my opinion.

Thanks for your opinion.  I reworded most of my original text in the
mail but missed this one.

> Yaakov has been extremely patient with you but you are always
> disregarding our point of view, that only shows us that
> you have a bad understanding of the triplet concept.
>
> Please consider one point, that clearly you are missing,
> about who has the experience and knowledge on the matter.

You don't know how much experience I also have.  Really, it isn't about
that.

> We have around 3800 packages on cygwin,
> and on https://www.cygwin.com/cygwin-pkg-maint
> you will see who is the maintainer of each one
>
> The top contributors are:
>
>    2717 Yaakov Selkowitz

I appreciate what Yaakov does but I bet these are not built in native
Cygwin mode so a host must be supplied.  In native mode the default is
typically used and currently it doesn't match the expected host environment.

>     212 Achim Gratz
>     169 Jari Aalto
>     149 Marco Atzeri
>      82 Ken Brown
>      70 Achim Gratz/Yaakov Selkowitz
>

> You don't tell the brewer how to make the beer.

The brewer is using a recipe to make the beer.  That doesn't mean the
recipe cannot be improved.  But in this case the brewer doesn't need to
change anything other than the suggestion of which host the recipe is
brewed on.

--
cyg Simple