This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Statically linking libcygwin.a
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2017 18:17:46 -0600
- Subject: Re: Statically linking libcygwin.a
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-10-27 13:54, Sair, Umair wrote:
> I have a question regarding statically linking with cygwin library. As
> mentioned in https://cygwin.com/licensing.html, user can statically link
> with libcygwin.a. I statically linked with libcygwin.a but the final
> executable still> have dll dependency. How can I remove this dll dependency?
Run cygcheck on the exe - the remaining DLLs should be in Windows/... e.g.
system32 or SysWOW... and not in <CYGWIN_ROOT>/bin.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple