Re: Can I change the windows icon from command line?

On 11/3/2017 3:23 PM, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> Am 03.11.2017 um 16:34 schrieb cyg Simple:
>>> Rxvt does not support more than mintty.
>> I wasn't trying to say that it did.
>>
>>> We are not talking about window frame labels (window title)
>>> but the labels that appear next to the icons in the Windows taskbar, or
>>> (if configured away) popup up floating there.
>>>
>> I have 3 chrome icons with different profile icons overlayed onto the
>> primary icon in the bottom right pinned to my taskbar so that is doable.
>>   The frame labels help when you hover over the taskbar icon with
>> multiple windows so you can pick which to bring to the front.  It sounds
>> though as if what is wanted is more the distinguished profile similar to
>> chrome.  I can achieve that effect with differing installs (different
>> paths) of Cygwin so it must be doable with one install and multiple
>> profiles.
> Trying to guess what you refer to there still seems to be
> misunderstanding. The issue was to have a dedicated text label
> associated to the taskbar icon which is different from the window frame
> title of the same window. There are two distinct xterm sequence to set
> these within an X server but this is not supported by Windows.

Oh, my confusion here is that I always hide labels. I have so many
pinned gets rid of the confusion.  But chrome manages to change the text
of the icon based on the profile.

With chrome I can "Manage People" and add more than one profile.  I can
then pin each profile to the taskbar. Each profile contains a different
set of saved passwords, bookmarks and other data.  There is only one
executable with different text for each icon on the task bar.

--
cyg Simple