Re: No way to use ssh ~/.ssh/config with "noacl" option

On 2017-11-04 12:25, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Matt D. writes:
>> It's not perfect but I've always had trouble with all of the
>> modifications Cygwin makes to a file's permissions to support
>> POSIX-style ACLs. I do miss being able to manage them with chmod and
>> setfacl though.
>
> Just remove any ACL inheritance on the home directory before populating
> it (or recursively remove it for an existing directory, but that can be
> more tricky).  I suggest to use a sub-directory of your actual Windows
> home, otherwise you might get into trouble with applications writing dot
> files into it and/or getting confused by the dot files from Cygwin.
> It's easy enough to mount it to /home/$USER so it's where you'd normally
> expect it to show up.

If you remove the DACLs on directories, you will be unable to access any files
without using Cygwin, as Windows sees no permissions, and any files created by
Windows programs will have no Cygwin permissions, and you will be unable to
access those files from Cygwin or Windows programs, without doing manual Windows
security fixups.
I've hit some directories with setfacl -bk, and quickly regretted it.