This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: fork fails after nmap with hint address in an unmapped memory region
- From: "Stéphane Mbape via cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2017 17:13:41 +0100
- Subject: Re: fork fails after nmap with hint address in an unmapped memory region
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Stéphane Mbape <smbape at yahoo dot fr>
Worked for me.
On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:31:09, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8
On Dec 9 15:58, St=C3=A9phane Mbape via cygwin wrote:
> While embeding luajit in a c=C2=A0 program, I found myself unable to fork
> Investigations prove that it was related to nmap.
> To be accurate, calling nmap with hint address in a unmapped memory region
> will cause all forks to fail with
> "fixup_mmaps_after_fork: ReadProcessMemory failed for MAP_PRIVATE address
> 0x6FFFFFE0000, Win32 error 299"
> There is a sample code below.
> Thank you for reading.
Thank you for the testcase. I pushed a patch and uploaded new developer
snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots. Please test.
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple