This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libnet on cygwin: how to deal with libpcap?
- From: Brian Inglis <Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2017 09:07:48 -0700
- Subject: Re: libnet on cygwin: how to deal with libpcap?
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Brian dot Inglis at SystematicSw dot ab dot ca
On 2017-12-11 23:54, Gianpaolo Pedrazza wrote:
> I need to install libnet and I found on various sites  that the
> only one way to install the prerequisite libpcap is to extract the
> Developer Pack  into cygwin. I did it, I run all the tests and the
> pcap library seemed to work pretty well. So I run the configure file
> the latest available version of libnet and I was able to create the
> Makefile. My problem comes running the "make" command, because the
> libpcap library includes winsock2.h while libnet is based on socket.h.
> Is this definitely an incompatibility between the two libraries or
> there is something which can be done? Does someone know another way to
> install libpcap on cygwin?
Might want to look at
https://github.com/nmap/npcap/ from the nmap project, or both.
Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple