svn segfault when using svn+ssh schema

Sam Edge cygwin@dwalin.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 16 20:07:00 GMT 2017

On 09/01/2017 19:07, Sam Edge wrote:
> On 09/01/2017 02:04, Eliot Moss wrote:

>> Assuming this is repeatable behavior, perhaps getting a trace using
>> strace would reveal some more useful information.
>>
>> Regards - Eliot Moss
>>
> Good idea.
>
> Strangely, on another Windows 7 64-bit machine svn+ssh to the same
> server is working fine for me. The most significant differences are that
> the 'working' machine is running Windows 7 Pro on an Intel CPU with
> Sophos AV and domain accounts whereas the 'failing' machine is Windows 7
> Home Premium on an AMD with MS Security Essentials and local accounts.
> These differences may or may not be relevant of course.
>
> Anyway, attached are the two strace outputs. Diffing them suggests that
> it's segfaulting in the fork() "system" call.
>
> I don't have time in the week to run it in a debug session but I'll try
> to do so at the weekend given the advice I've been given here. I will
> also do a rebaseall after I've tracked down the
>
> Thanks for the feedback folks. Much appreciated.
>
> BR

Hi again.

I've downloaded the debug symbols for subversion & the Cygwin dll and
run the command in gdb. Output attached. Not really giving me any clues
so far.

I've also run 'rebaseall' on the off chance that it would help - it didn't!

Still open to suggestions if anyone has any "light bulb" notions. :-)

--
Sam Edge

-------------- next part --------------
SamEdge@thor ~
$ gdb svn
GNU gdb (GDB) (Cygwin 7.10.1-1) 7.10.1
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-pc-cygwin".
<http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/documentation/>.
For help, type "help".
Type "apropos word" to search for commands related to "word"...
Reading symbols from svn...Reading symbols from /usr/lib/debug//usr/bin/svn.exe.dbg...done.
done.
(gdb) set cygwin-exceptions on
(gdb) run ls svn+ssh://cmserver.XXXXXXXXXX.com/edl/
Starting program: /usr/bin/svn ls svn+ssh://cmserver.XXXXXXXXXX.com/edl/
[New Thread 2096.0xf4c]
[New Thread 2096.0x157c]
[New Thread 2096.0x1264]
[New Thread 2096.0x15d8]

0x00000003e9f63780 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000003e9f63780 in ?? ()
Backtrace stopped: previous frame identical to this frame (corrupt stack?)
(gdb) info threads
  Id   Target Id         Frame
  4    Thread 2096.0x15d8 0x0000000076cfd63a in ntdll!ZwWaitForWorkViaWorkerFactory () from /cygdrive/c/Windows/SYSTEM32/ntdll.dll
  3    Thread 2096.0x1264 0x0000000076cfc2ea in ntdll!ZwWaitForMultipleObjects
    () from /cygdrive/c/Windows/SYSTEM32/ntdll.dll
  2    Thread 2096.0x157c 0x0000000076cfbd9a in ntdll!ZwReadFile ()
   from /cygdrive/c/Windows/SYSTEM32/ntdll.dll
* 1    Thread 2096.0xf4c 0x00000003e9f63780 in ?? ()
(gdb) list
3098                      err, _("When using svn+ssh:// URLs, keep in mind that the "
3099                             "--username and --password options are ignored "
3100                             "because authentication is performed by SSH, not "
3101                             "Subversion"));
3102            }
3103
3104          return err;
3105        }